© Foto E. Rutishauser
- Swiss with Italian and German roots
- Singing studies in Switzerland, France, and Italy, with Glenys Linos, Zurich/Vienna, and Elisabeth Zueblin Tymoshenko, Zurich/Kiev
- International opera studio Zurich
- Debut as baritone, and change, in 1989, to the repertoire of dramatic tenor
- Extensive concert and opera engagements, predominantly in France and the other countries neighbouring my native Switzerland. My successful appearances at the National Philharmony and the National Music Academy in Kiev are particularly noteworthy
- Grand prix du disque with Arthur Honegger's Jeanne au Būcher
- Radio and television appearances, disk and CD recordings
- In 2003, I have come back to the repertoire of baritone/bass
My repertoire includes the baritone and bass roles of the important oratorios, orchestral works and concert arias. Bach, St. Matthews and St. Johns passions, the Mass in si minor, the Christmas oratorio; Beethoven, The 9th symphony; Brahms, A German Requiem; Benjamin Britten, A War Requiem; Handel, The Messiah; Haydn, The Creation and the Seasons; Frank Martin, the Monologues from Jedermann; Mendelssohn, Elias and Paulus; Mozart, the Requiem and the concert arias for baritone and bass.
I aim to cross the border-lines in musical styles and vocal categories. My widely-varied experince in song recital enables me to interpret likewise German Lieder, Italian belcanto or spirited- frivolous chansons, in programs of a very personal seal.